Living with a long term health condition can be stressful and challenging. This can cause further negative effects on our activities, energy levels, relationships, and other areas of our lives. It can be difficult to come to terms with, and adjust to, these changes.
Lewisham Talking Therapies offers support for people with a long-term health condition impacting on their mental wellbeing, causing anxiety and low mood.
The Mind-Body link
Physical and mental health are strongly linked. Poorer physical health can often make us feel low, anxious or stressed. These feelings can make it more difficult to cope with our physical conditions. As a result, we can feel trapped in a vicious cycle.
How we can help
Lewisham Talking Therapies offer:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) based treatments which help identify strategies for the day-to-day management of long term health conditions and mental wellbeing.
- Talking therapies which can help with adjustment and coming to terms with the changes long-term health conditions can bring.
These therapies can help us find ways to break the vicious cycle and consequently:
- Change how we think, feel, and act in order to suffer less and enjoy life more
- Regain some control over our life
- Establish more helpful cycles that promote our wellbeing
A patient's story
Testimonial number one.
Testimonial number two.
Hear from a therapist
Conditions that our clients experience that cause them anxiety and depression
We work to treat the symptoms of anxiety and depression, whilst considering the impact of your Long Term Health Condition.
Expand the boxes for links to other organisations that offer further information and support.